Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Bringing Back the Urban Garden


OMG... My container garden is a major shitshow after this winter. Everything's dead (dormant?), and even Wormie (the little water buddy) looks like E.T. when the dudes in spacesuits came to get him.

That said, my weather station says that it's 54.1F out today, and I have peak sun (before it goes behind that frickin' dorm) on the sill starting around 11a for a few hours. I'm going to add some Miracle-Gro to some warmish water, and see if I can jumpstart some photosynthesis action.

Also, I'll try to MacGyver a solution to secure the outside weather sensor for the Weather Station. I hope to utilize the container and plants to shade the sensor, while also raising it off the sill itself. I'm sure there's something I can work out with a large metal clip.

Debating whether or not to post images... It's really an ugly scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a little flava'!